GHSM1 6mm-15mm Generic Breakwater / Mole Walls.
A 9-piece, general purpose, set of mole / breakwater walls and bends for use in almost any period or theatre.
They are especially suitable for Colonial, ECW, AWI, ACW, and European Renaissance scenarios, but also fit appropriate theatres in any period from Ancients through to Modern. They will bring new life and scenarios to Flames of War WW2 games set around amphibious landings.
The walls have a cross section size averaging 20mm wide x 13mm high.
- 4 x 75mm straight walls
- 1 x 75mm straight wall with an outcrop of rocks to one side
- 2 x 75mm curved walls (approx 30-degree bends)
- 1 x 50mm straight with steps down from pier height, and narrowing from pier width
- 1 x 40mm 45-degree bend (approx)
- Total = 9 pieces in this set
Wargaming 6mm 10mm 12mm 15mm
Railway Models Z-gauge N-gauge TT-gauge
Scale Modelling 1:300 1:285 1:200 1:144 1:160 1:120 1:100
The set includes a width & height step-down piece for butting the mole/breakwater set directly onto the pier-walls in the GHS-P1 series sets.
In addition to using this series as a coastal harbour, it can also be used as a river port, or as land based walls to surround a defended feature. It can also be inserted into marshy areas to provide a causeway.
Example projects could be to add -
* Mooring bollards & rings, boarding ladders etc
* Rocks & weeds around the waterline
* Small jetties protruding from the base of steps
and many other personalised modifications that would allow several of these to appear different to each other on the table top.
Painting the models in a grey "stone" finish is suitable for granite areas such as the North Sea & Scandanavia
Painting them in sandy "adobe" finish converts it to sandstone for other areas, such as the Caribbean, Mediterranean, East Indies etc.
Also suitable for many Science Fiction & Fantasy gaming systems