GHST1 15mm Light Towers.
A 6-piece, general purpose, set of pier-end (or mole-end) light towers covering most periods & theatres.
They are designed to fit with suitable theatres in any period from Ancients through to Modern. The generic "Ancients" round tower is based on one seen at the end of a pier in a Scottish east coast fishing village, during the 1980s, and was the basis of design for this set.
In addition to using the tower sets in this series for coastal harbours, they can also be used with river ports, or as encampments for rule sets such as DBA, DBM, DBR, and HOTT. The tower tops from this set can also be used with the "Hill Top Citadels" series
* 1 x 50mm square x 12mm high octagonal platform base.
* 1 x 37mm round x 18mm high round "tower-base". This round base has external steps & 4 "firing port" windows.
* 1 x 28mm diameter x 32mm high generic "Ancients" round tower with external ladder to roof and a "porched" doorway.
* 1 x 28mm diameter x 32mm high generic "Roman" round tower with external ladder to roof and doorway. The roof depicts a "brazier beacon" giving a total height of 40mm for the tower section.
* 1 x 30mm diameter x 42mm high generic "Medieval" round tower with trapdoor to roof, and an arched doorway. The roof depicts a "lantern beacon" giving a total height of 45mm for the tower section.
* 1 x 28mm diameter (plus steps) x 32mm high generic "post-Renaissance" (i.e. Tudor through Napoleonic wars) round tower with a long external staircase to roof, and a square doorway. The roof depicts a "lantern beacon" giving a total height of 45mm for the tower section. The roof section is large enough to mount one small cannon.
Wargaming 12mm 15mm 18mm
Railway Models N-gauge TT-gauge
Scale Modelling 1:144 1:120 1:100
In addition to using the generic harbour series as a coastal harbour, it can also be used as a river port, or as land based walls & towers to surround a defended feature. It can also be inserted into marshy areas to provide a causeway.
Example projects could be to add -
* Awnings to tower tops and above the doors
* Rocks & weeds around the waterline
* Small jetties protruding from the base of steps
and many other personalised modifications that would allow several of these to appear different to each other on the table top.
Painting the models in a grey "stone" finish is suitable for granite areas such as the North Sea & Scandanavia
Painting them in sandy "adobe" finish converts it to sandstone for other areas, such as the Caribbean, Mediterranean, East Indies etc.
Also suitable for some Science Fiction & Fantasy gaming systems